The fun stuff ...
"Mom, can we have more independent time?"
A question that broke my heart and brought about a sense of excitement at the same time.
The final of 3 goals set when I paused my career in 2015 had been realized.
The time had finally come. Not to "go back". Instead, to "move my career forward".
And to be honest, I had been missing going into work everyday. Collaborating with others. Supporting and cheerleading the growth and achievements of team members.
I am grateful for having been able to pause my career. To achieve 3 massive, and priceless, goals.
There is an equivalent gratitude for the experiences gained from creating an award-winning business when entrepreneurial dreams were not a part of the plan, but ended up helping in the achievement of those goals.
And now, being able to blend what was with what is, there is more value that I can provide to your company.
And helping your company achieve your BIG DREAMS is my massive, and priceless, goal now.
The formal stuff ...
- Honours Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education - Adult Education
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership
- Certified Life and Executive Coach
- Hiring, on-boarding and succession planning
- Performance management for Co-Ops to mechanics to professionals, with teams of up to 30 individuals
- Believe in providing action-oriented coaching and mentoring.
- Division lead for an HR-driven employee engagement, satisfaction and culture initiative.
- 10+ years in a leadership role: participated in and led annual goal-setting and succession planning activities, executed on data driven business plans, and analyzed results for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Completed >50 quality, training and manufacturing projects with outcomes such as: 10% decrease in compliance incidents, 50%+ cost savings and identification of an industry best-practice, an experiential internal auditor training program, and an 80% increase in changeover efficiency.
- Received a score of 100% on leadership and communication in a company global, leadership survey.
- Wide range of user and Admin experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and learning management systems (LMS)
- Lean manufacturing (5S, Red belt certified, green belt trained)
- Quality laboratory to food and pharmaceutical manufacturing, validation and compliance
- Initiating multiple continuous improvement projects and pioneering an industry best practice
- Content creation from writing technical documents for regulatory eyes to creative muses, blogs and articles
- Speaking 1:1 and in front of audiences of 400+
GIVING BACK / SUPPORTING MY COMMUNITY
- Course Facilitator: Upper Grand District School Board Continuing Education (Girls Leadership Building)
- Keynote Speaker: “Behind the Numbers” 2016 (Michael House Annual General Meeting)
- Workshop Facilitator: Young Women in Leadership Conference 2017 (Beyond Borders)
- Volunteer Committee Member: Power of Being a Girl® Conference 2016 – 2017 (Guelph YWCA)
- Volunteer Co-Facilitator: Teen Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Group 2015 – 2017 (CMHA)
- United Way Corporate Campaign Co-Lead (2009-2010; Spirit Award winner 2010)
- Rogers Community TV Cable 20: control room volunteer (graphics, sound), mobile camera operator trained